We have an immediate opening for a Customer Service Representative at our manufacturing plant in Durango, Colorado. This person will be responsible for servicing our customers by providing information and support that meets customer needs or solves a problem. The goal of the Customer Service Representative is to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries and maintain high customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate must be a hands-on individual who possesses a high level of drive, energy and integrity. Experience in a customer support environment or consumer-oriented work environment is required.
The candidate should possess strong attention to detail with good analytical and problem solving skills in order to identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to draft reports is required.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in and some experience with model trains.
The Customer Service Representative is primarily responsible for after-sale support.
Duties of this position will include:
Required Skills (all levels)
- Process service orders; receive and log all incoming product for service following established guidelines.
- Managing incoming calls and customer service inquiries
- Responds to all support email.
- Guiding the customer in the installation process.
- Providing appropriate documentation as needed to customers.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
- Assists customers in product selection, operation and applications.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution has been sufficient.
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Go the extra mile to engage customers – be their champion.
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative
- Time management skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Competent office software skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- High school degree
- Must enjoy working with people
- Must have a clear and pleasant telephone voice
- Must have a friendly and confident manner with a pleasant personality
- Should be able to work without direct supervision
- Have a professional appearance
- Possesses excellent communication skills
Please email cover letter and resume (preferably in a PDF format) to email@example.com,
Subject: Customer Service Representative. No calls, please.